Research and DevelopmentHOME > Research > Research and Development
Ship Operation Research Center performs various marine development and research work to achieve safety at sea and the highest efficiency of ship operation, to prevent marine pollution, to develop excellent manpower required for the current and future marine industries and to enhance the fishing technology. It consists of the ship's facility team, the ship operation team, the marine safety and environment team, the maritime administration and labor policy team, the fishing technology team, the R&D support team, etc.
Research and Development Record
Port Development & ship’s Route Design
- A Study on the Safety of Ship Traffic Regarding the New Port Development at Gadeock Island in Busan Port
- A Study on the Safety of Berthing and Unberthing and Ship Traffic Route at Naval Base Facilities at Sinseondae in Busan Port
- A Study on the Safety of Berthing and Unberthing and Ship Traffic Route at Container Pier in Incheon Port and LNG Pier in Pyeongtack Port
- A Study on the Safety of Ship Traffic Route Regarding New Port Development in Ulsan Port
- Assessment of Maritime Traffic Environment for High Risk Ship Traffic Zones.
- A Study on the Establishment of Navigational Aids in Ulsan Port, and many other studies
Marine Pollution Prevention and Response
- A Study on the Basic Planning and Enforcement Design for Establishment of Oil Reception Facilities
- A Development of Oil Spill Response Scenario and Local Oil Spill Response Assistance Model at Port Area of Busan and Ulsan
- A Development of Oily Water Treatment System for Fishing Ports, and many other studies.
Laws and Administrative Systems
- A Study on the Establishment of ISM/ISO Safety Quality Management System
- A Study on the Establishment of Quality Standards System for the Implementation of STCW Convention
- A Study on the Improvement of National Examination System of the Certificate of Competency
- A Study on the Implementation of ILO Maritime Conventions,and many other studies.
Development of Equipment
- A Development of an Automatic Cargo Handling System for Oil Tankers
- An Evaluation of Simple Electronic Charts for GPS Plotting
- A Development of the Software of Signal Processing and Transmission of Intergrated Fire Detection System
- A Development of Automatic Control System for Ship Fire Extinguishers, and many other studies.